After Effects is a motion graphics and visual effects video composition tool.
- We begin by opening After Effects and creating a new composition and importing a file.
2. Using a Photoshop file we used the layers to form our motion graphic composition
3. The photoshop file should have its layers arranged
4. This screenshot demonstrates the isolated layers that are ready to be animated.
5. We click on SCALE, click on the % number and move your cursor until the layer fits the COMP (ie 38% of original). Alternatively you can click and type over the scale number. The lock between the 2 numbers (width and height) stops the layer from distorting out of the existing height to width ratio.
We start to manipulating the layer by toggling the transformation properties and applying a keyframe.